We're looking for a Growth PM to join our team at Primer!
🤗 About us.
- We’re building tools that help creative kids and homeschooling families come together to take their interests far.
- We're not taking a traditional approach, and we're not looking for traditional thinkers. We're working on Primer because we believe it's the most important work of our lives, and we're building a company where you can do the best work of your life.
- We're a small team with a sunny office in the Mission District in San Francisco. We hail from companies like Airbnb, Square, Khan Academy, Gumroad, and Coinbase. We're well funded by many of the top investors in our industry and are building a real business fueled by real revenue — not just venture capital.
💭 What we believe
- We believe that kids are remarkable — and that our current education system is underestimating them.
- We believe that we need a new kind of education system — one where we value what kids learn both outside the classroom and inside the classroom. Where they learn how to solve real problems, not how to pass tests. Where they learn to think critically for themselves, not to memorize the traditional views. Where they are more ambitious, more curious, and more creative as a byproduct of their education experience.
- We believe that we need more kids pursuing non-standard paths. We need more 'weirdos' by society's standards — kids that blaze their own trail, follow their passions, and learn to think differently.
- We believe that offering an accessible, superior education to millions of kids is one of the highest leverage things technology can do — and by doing so, we have a chance to bend the arc of history.
💖 About you
- You're energized by the impact we can make on each individual kid that uses Primer — not just because it's a great business opportunity.
- You can move fluidly from analytically-oriented growth work (funnels, ads, retention) to making qualitative decisions (product, design, brand).
- You're comfortable working across the full growth stack: paid acquisition, email marketing, brand, and product.
- You might be super deep in one of these areas (paid acquisition, funnels, referrals, etc.), but aspire to broader your skill set. This is great!
- You love loops, or are willing to fall in love with them.
- We're open to both technical and non-technical folks for this role. If you're non-technical, you'll need a strong bias towards action and ability to ship things quickly using third party tools (Intercom, Airtable, Webflow, Zapier, etc.) when necessary.
- We move extremely quickly. We often ship ideas hours or days after deciding to move forward on them. You should be comfortable in a fast-moving environment.
- You're comfortable being uncomfortable. You will inevitably find yourself at the edge of your comfort zone at Primer.
- You care about sustainable growth, not juicing numbers to hit an arbitrary goal. We're trying to build a multi-decade company, not growth-hack our way into an acquisition.
🎉 About the role
- Primer Rooms are growing quickly today, all organic. Your job is to help us continue this growth trajectory as the denominator gets bigger.
- You'll work closely with our CEO to own our North Star metrics (active kids, new kids, etc.), and have full autonomy to grow these metrics however you see fit.
- You'll have plenty of resources (budget, internal resources, etc.) to hit these goals, but we're still an early stage startup. We expect you to default to resourcefulness.
- As part of owning these metrics, we'll rely on you to help inform the product roadmap and give the team visibility into what's working and what's not.
- We'll rely on you to get extremely close to the families who use Primer, so that we can better understand why they love Primer and how to attract more families like them.
- As our first growth-focused hire, this role will also wear a lot of hats we can't predict. If we do our jobs, this role will look very different 6 months after you join.
- We'll expect you to care about a lot more than just growth. As a member of the founding team, we expect you to be willing to give feedback and toe-step across the organization — from product, to engineering, to the CEO. We value your perspective and you'll need to feel comfortable (or get comfortable) with sharing your opinion, even when it's unpopular.
- We mean what we say: we want you to do the best work of your life at Primer. From the big things (like a beautiful office and great hardware setup) and small things (like clear documentation and a bias towards action), we take this commitment seriously.
If this sounds like you, email email@example.com with a bit about yourself and we'll take it from there.