Title: Associate Product Manager
Location: Remote in these states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MA, MN, MO, NY, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, & WI
If you’re looking to be at the forefront of disrupting the ecommerce industry, wanting to make your mark and be continuously challenged to grow, your time has come.
ShipBob is recognized as #1 on Crain's 2020 “Fast 50” list of the fastest-growing companies in Chicago & Built In’s best mid-sized companies to work for in Chicago. With this growth, we are looking for top talent to help us reach the next level.Role Description
As an Associate Product Manager, you will work alongside a product leader and cross functional stakeholders to build products that delight. This role is for someone who loves diving into complex operational problems while also driving the overall strategy. Success in this role will rely heavily on your problem solving skills, communication skills and your ability to influence a broad set of stakeholders.About Us
ShipBob is a tech enabled 3PL that partners with over 5,200+ e-commerce businesses to help them be more successful online. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
ShipBob’s growing fulfillment network is powered by our proprietary technology and acts as a back office for logistics, providing merchants with full visibility into orders, inventory levels in real time, and access to advanced analytics, over 27 integrations and data reporting.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $330M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry. To help us meet this standard, we are scaling our entire team and looking for people who share our core values and have an entrepreneurial mindset.About You
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
What You’ll Do
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
What You’ll Bring To The Table
- Partner closely with product and engineering to manage a scrum team consisting of 5+ engineers and organize high-velocity, predictable sprints.
- Work with design teams to conduct customer research and collaborate on UI wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
- Assist in the ideation, development and launch of technology products.
- Collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders to define and execute on the roadmap.
- Help drive impact on important business KPIs using various prioritization techniques to identify and groom features that are high impact.
- Be a passionate advocate for the customer to meet and exceed their needs.
- Leverage your understanding of the business and the customer to identify urgent and/or important work.
- Ensure items in the backlog meet the Definition of Ready and see the work all the way through to the Definition of Done.
Nice To Have
- 1-3 years of experience in product management, solutions consulting, technology consulting or related fields.
- Experience working with a wide breadth of stakeholders from engineering, design, sales, marketing, finance, etc.
- A healthy balance of skepticism and curiosity.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Experience with the software development lifecycle and agile methodologies.
- Ability to work under deadlines in an ambiguous environment.
- Relentless user-centricity.
- An analytical, data-driven mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- E-commerce experience.
- Experience with API development (RESTful and GraphQL APIs) and integration development.
- CSM or equivalent scrum certification.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.Perks & Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- 401K Match
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Competitive Salary, Performance Bonus & Stock Options
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram
Reports to: Director of Product Management
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Internal Use Only, Requisition #: POPS-953